I just wanted to say that I have had a swelling in my heart toward my relatives. Including, of course, my in-laws. I sure miss everyone I am not around. Josh and I are never going to be in a place where both our families live and that is so hard. The best I can do is to really enjoy the family I have near me. And it is really killing me right now to not be near famliy that are nearing the end of their life. I hope heaven is easier to traverse.
Grandpa King attended Utah State
He was drafted mid school
His county draft number was 10, and national number 90.
He was stationed in Fort Lewis, Washington
He was stationed in Fort Lewis, Washington
He volunteered to go with battery B. of the 1st battalion to Manila.
He stopped at Pearl Harbor for a few days. Seven days after they left, it was bombed.
The Japanese had taken Manila, so they went to Darwin Australia instead.
On Feb. 19 the Japanese attacked, sinking every ship in the harbor and set the city on fire.
How did he live? I asked him. He said God wanted him to do work. And he did.
He graduated with a B.S in Soils & Agronomy.
He married Jean Lois Humphrey in the Logan temple.
He worked for the BIA in Browning Montana, then to work for Fort Peck Indian Agency in Poplar Montana. He tried his hand briefly at farming. Later went back to BIA at the Crown Point Sub Agency of the Navajo Agency, in New Mexico, after that, they transferred to Rosebud, South Dakota. Finally they moved to Pocatello.
He worked sharing the gospel and serving others his whole life,. He spent a significant amount of time on the stake farm and helped my dad build our house in Pocatello.
My grandpa King is a patriarch and was able to give me my blessing. I count that as one of the most important experiences of my whole life.
I cannot tell you how much his testimony and life have influenced me. I look at the picture and cry because I am so grateful for his example. In honor of him, we named our second son, Taylor Owen.

Comments