Skip to main content

I think he likes me


Caleb said to me...

"I see someone who is fat. I see a mom that is fat."
But
After telling him about Jesus walking on water, he said, "mom you can do everything too."
But
After crawling in next to me in bed he said, "Something stinks. You stink."
But
This afternoon he randomly said, "mom, I love you."
But
Last week when I put on my dress for church he held up another skirt and said, "This is more your style."
But
That was just after he said "Oh! you look so beautiful."

Caleb is very verbal and high strung. Everyday seems to end in stress decompression; usually involving a pillow over my head. But by the time he is asleep (1-2 hours of parent manipulation) I want to cry because I love him so much. Here's to taking it one day at a time, the good with the bad.

And don't worry, I am also recovering well from my heating vent bonk to the face and the surprisingly sturdy slap in the eye by Taylor. Next time I will just give him the Tums and the uncooked farfalle.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Life is one big rollercoaster :) LaRee
Jen said…
Oh, man. That kid of yours is a riot! I've been checking your blog for updates on how you are feeling. How's that baby doing?

We miss you guys! I think you need to take a family vacation to Oregon sometime (= I know some nice people you can stay with...

Popular posts from this blog

And now for the verdict....

Eli Hangs with Ryan Gross and Friends -Miles, Noah, Niko

Introducing Elijah William Black